Welcome to this week’s episode of NHLN Opinion+, our weekly program that is dedicated to discussing the concerns and opinions of New Hampshire’s Latino community!
We spoke with Executive Director Cliff Simmonds of the New Hampshire Children’s Trust about their work amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Child Abuse Prevention Month, the organization’s main goals for the near future, along with the importance of community outreach and accessibility.
Simmonds discussed the organization’s focus on the prevention of child abuse, emphasizing the importance of families’ access to public resources. The organization hopes to reach the state’s more rural areas and marginalized communities moving forward. He emphasized that these resources are for everyone, as we all need support at times.
Resources mentioned in the video:
- NH Children’s Trust website: https://www.nhchildrenstrust.org/
- Family Support New Hampshire website: https://www.fsnh.org/
- Learn more about child abuse prevention: https://www.nhchildrenstrust.org/prevention
- Follow on social media
- Learn how to get involved: https://www.nhchildrenstrust.org/get-involved
- Parent & Caregiver Guide to COVID-19: https://www.nhchildrenstrust.org/covid-19
- Free resource directory for families and providers: https://www.nhchildrenstrust.org/resources